Thursday, October 22, 2009

BELHS: Last night I heard...






Students from Ms. Kalambay's crew circled up at Pawnee Rock after their 2 hour solo. They shared reflections that they had written about in their student journal. A solo is a period of time in which students spend reflective time in a special spot within eyesight of their instructors. Here's what folks said about their experience:
"Being the navigator was hard, but I got us here."
"I had time to be by myself. It was calm and I liked it."
"I learned that we are a really good team. We were put here for a reason and that's because we work well together."
It felt nice because I was by myself. I was thinking hard."

Ms. Morehouse's crew told one anothers' future by peering into the 'crystal ball' they made with a water bottle and a headlamp. They also had a solo experience where they made a map of their life. They shared their maps around the campfire after they appreciated each other for all the work done yesterday. It was their instructor, Lena Collins' 25th birthday, so we had a brownie birthday party with balloons and all. We couldn't ask for a better group of 9th graders!

1 comment:

  1. please upload more pictures of johanna rugerio

    ReplyDelete