Thursday, October 8, 2009

Community Leaders: Final




"When we put on our thinking caps and work hard, we make great success."
-Stefone Coble from Mr. LeWinter's crew

From my perch, I can hear crickets, katydids and tree frogs that have created a evening symphony. In the far background, I can hear laughter, conversation and dinners cooking. This is our last night with Community Leaders and crews are assembled at their camps after solo, high challenge course and playing in the field.

I was able to see many forms of community this day, as I went between the high challenge course and basecamp. My favorite photo is of the group hug that Mr. Ahmed's crew made after two students had a difficult time on the challenge course. Crew advisors and students have really developed positive and lasting relationships, which will surpass school. Mr. LeWinter and Stefone posed for a photo after Stefone challenged himself at the zip line.

Tonight, crews will gather for a special ceremony where students will take an New York City Outward Bound pin. I will be sitting in on a ceremony and will include photos and a description in my next post. To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. This whole experience as a mom having my son away on this challenging experience has been wonderful. The picture of all the boys and Mr. Mears put me to tears. Outwardbound you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Martine aka MARTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant agree anymore with what marty posted..cant wait to see you all! how proud :)

    ReplyDelete